Disclaimer/ Terms & Conditions/ Data Protection
Website terms and conditions
This site is owned and operated by Pitch One Management (referred to here as “Pitch One”/ “Pitch One Management” / “we” / “us”).
Access to and use of the “Site” is provided by Pitch One Management subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). Please read them carefully.
By using the Site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions; use of the Site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which take effect on the date which you first use the Site. Pitch One Management reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes. If at any time you do not accept the Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Site.
All rights, including copyright, in the content of the Site are owned or controlled for these purposes by Pitch One Management.
Save as expressly outlined herein, you are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of the Site for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of Pitch One Management in each and every instance.
Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial home use and provided further that you neither change nor delete any author, attribution, trade-mark, legend or copyright notice. When you download materials, you do not obtain any ownership rights to any of the intellectual property in those or any other materials. Any other use requires the prior written permission of Pitch One Management. You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in the Site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, publish, display, transmit, adapt or in any way exploit (whether for commercial gain or otherwise) any content from the Site without our prior written consent and without the prior written consent of all other entities with an interest in the relevant intellectual property.
You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within the Site.
The Site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Pitch One Management, its products and services (or to third party products and services) is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without any guarantee and/or warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Whilst Pitch One Management takes reasonable steps to ensure the quality of content and information made available on the Site in general terms (other than content and information provided by the users of the Site) neither its officers, employees, contractors or content providers assume any responsibility for the accuracy, correctness, relevance, completeness or currency of the information or other content on the Site. For the avoidance of doubt, the information and other content on the Site is for general information only and is not intended to replace or substitute for the services of trained professionals. You should always promptly consult a doctor in all matters relating to physical or mental health, particularly concerning any symptoms that may require diagnosis or medical attention.
To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you/or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the Site. Pitch One Management does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in the Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses, bugs or other harmful components or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. You should take appropriate precautions to ensure that any content that you download is free of such viruses, bugs and other harmful content.
The names, images and logos identifying Pitch One Management or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of Pitch One Management and/or third parties. All rights reserved. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trade mark or patent of Pitch One Management or any other third party. You acknowledge that we own and/or control trade marks on the Site and you may not use any of them without our prior written permission.
The Terms and Conditions apply only to the Site and not to any of the sites which the Site hyperlinks to. We assume no responsibility whatsoever for websites that the Site either hyperlinks to or otherwise refers to. In particular, we do not assume any responsibility for any information or content on such sites (including but not limited to any views, advice, opinions, advertising or recommendations). Nor do we assume any responsibility in connection with any product or service such sites may offer. Under no circumstances will Pitch One Management, its officers, employees, contractors or content providers be liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage resulting from you accessing or using, or otherwise in connection with, any website either hyperlinked to or otherwise referred to on the Site. Links do not imply that Pitch One Management endorses, is affiliated or associated with any linked site or is legally authorised to use any trade mark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links or that any linked site is authorised to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of Pitch One Management or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.
We control and operate the Site from our offices in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that the content or other information provided on the Site (including any advertising, promotion or any service) are appropriate, relevant or available for use outside the United Kingdom. If you choose to access the Site from locations outside the United Kingdom, you so do on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
In accessing the Site, you agree not to:
(i) make available or upload any files that contain software or other material, data or information not owned or licensed to you;
(ii) interfere, disrupt access to or damage the Site and/or do anything which may restrict, inhibit or impair its operation;
(iii) threaten, stalk, harass, abuse or otherwise insult others or to collect or store personal data about others (including but not limited to names and addresses);
(iv) use the Site in any way that may damage or disrupt another person’s computer and/or for the transmission, uploading or posting of any computer visues or other harmful files or programs (including but not limited to making available, distributing or uploading by any means any material or files that contain any viruses, bugs, “trojan horses”, “worms” or other harmful software);
(v) transmit, post or upload any material which is defamatory, offensive, libellous, racist, indecent, obscene and/or of menacing character or in such a way as to cause inconvenience, annoyance or anxiety;
(vi) make any commercial or business use of the Site or resell or commercially benefit from any part or aspect of the Site;
(vii) use the Site in any way that violates and/or infringes any firm’s, person’s or company’s rights (including by not limited to copyright or confidentiality);
(viii) create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or origin of a message/post;
(ix) to transmit, upload, post or otherwise make available any unauthorised or unsolicited advertising, chain letters, promotional materials, “spam” or any other unauthorised solicitation or any form of lottery or gambling;
(x) use the Site for any unlawful purpose.
Save as set out in these Terms and Conditions, we do not control the content posted by you and/or other users of the Site and as such do not guarantee the integrity, accuracy or quality of such content. By using the Site you acknowledge that you may be exposed to content that is objectionable or offensive. You acknowledge and accept that we do not generally examine or edit the use to which you or others put the Site or the nature of the content being accessed.
In some parts of the Site you may send your contributions and we welcome these. However, notwithstanding anything else contained in these Terms and Conditions, when you do so you must:
(i) ensure that there is nothing in your contribution which is or might be regarded as harassing, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, racist or otherwise unlawful;
(ii) agree that even if your contribution is published on the Site, it may be removed from the Site or edited at any time for any reason and without notice;
(iii) agree that Pitch One Management may publish your contribution on the Site worldwide and that it may be accessed and downloaded by other visitors; and
(iv) waive all so-called moral rights (or other similar rights) in relation to your contributions.
You acknowledge that by posting, uploading or sending any materials to us you thereby grant us and our licensors and assigns an irrevocable, unconditional, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide licence to use such material(s) or any part of it both within the Site and in any other manner which we may determine in or sole discretion. The licence extends to copying, distributing, broadcasting, and otherwise transmitting, and adapting and editing the materials.
You will indemnify us against all losses, liabilities, costs and expenses reasonably suffered or incurred by us, all damages awarded against us under any judgement by a court of competent jurisdiction and all settlements sums paid by us as a result of any settlement agreed by us arising out of or in connection with:
(i) any claim by any third party that the use of the Site by you is defamatory, offensive or abusive, or of an obscene or pornographic nature, or is illegal or constitutes a breach of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice;
(ii) any claim by any third party that the use of the Site by you infringes that third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights of whatever nature; and
(iii) any fines or penalties imposed by any regulatory, advertising or trading body or authority in connection with the use of the Site by you.
In addition to the above, you agree to fully indemnify us against any claims or legal proceedings arising in connection with your use of the Site which are brought or threatened against us by any other person/company. You will fully indemnify and defend us against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any use of the Site by you. You further undertake that in the event that you have any right, claim or action against any other user arising from the use of the Site, you shall pursue such right, claim or action independently of, and without recourse to us.
We reserve the right immediately to terminate your use of the Site if you breach or we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are likely to breach the Terms and Conditions or you otherwise engage in conduct which we determine (in our sole discretion) to be unacceptable.
Advertising and sponsorship
Part of the Site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Site complies with relevant laws, codes and regulations. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law any responsibility for any error or inaccuracy appearing in any advertising or sponsorship material.
Please ensure that you have read our general competition rules which apply to all of our competitions. When you enter a specific competition we will alert you to any specific rules and/or restrictions applicable to that competition.
Limitation of liability
Except for death and personal injury caused by our negligence, Pitch One Management, its officers, employees, contractors or content providers shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from or otherwise in connection with your use of the Site or any information, services or content on the Site.
In line with the Data Protection Act 2000, Pitch One Management take the necessary security measures to safeguard your personal data that is provided to us on the Site. As such we have taken the steps to ensure that there is no unauthorized of unlawful processing or disclosure of data.
All data is:
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for limited purposes and not in any manner incompatible with those purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- accurate - not kept for longer than is necessary
- processed in line with the data subject's rights
- not transferred to countries without adequate protection
Your rights as an individual
As an individual you have the right to find out what information is held about you on our database. If you wish to know what details are held about you, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to ask for your information to be removed from the Site at any time or to ask for your data to be removed from the database. If you wish to unsubscribe at any time to any information you are receiving via any medium email email@example.com.
Your rights regarding third parties
Your details may be used for third party promotions and or marketing. Should you NOT wish to have your details used in this way, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be removed from all third party promotions.
Fairness in process
All data that is processed on your behalf will be done fairly. In order to comply with this the following information is readily available if you require it:
- our identity as the data controller
- the identity of any nominated representative controlling the data
- the purpose for which the data will be processed
The Data Protection Act imposes further restrictions on the processing of sensitive personal data which include information about racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or other beliefs; trade union membership; health, sex life; criminal allegations, proceedings or convictions.
For any further information on the Data Protection Act 1998, please visit: www.dataprotection.gov.uk
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and Pitch One Management ignores this, Pitch One Management will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach the Terms and Conditions.
Pitch One Management shall not be responsible for any breach by it of these Terms and Conditions where such breach is caused by circumstances beyond its control.
A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
The laws of England and Wales shall govern your use of the Site and you hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you have any queries concerning any part of these Terms and Conditions, please contact us at: email@example.com
Pitch One Management competition terms and conditions (the “Rules”)
“Competition” means any of our competitions (including but not limited to our online and/or mobile competitions).
“we”, “us”, “our”, “Pitch One”, “Pitch One Management” means Pitch One Management.
“Site” means the website situated at www.pitch-one.net
“Specific Rules” means those specific terms relating to a Competition (including but not limited to the entry and closing dates, prizes available and entry requirements) as may be set out on the relevant website posting/other printed information for such Competition.
These Rules describe the terms and conditions applicable to your participation in any Competition. If you do not agree to be bound by these Rules you may not partake in the Competition.
1. The Competition is organised by Pitch One Management.
2. Pitch One Management reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the Site.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decision of Pitch One Management shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
1. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom.
2. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to the Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire. If the prizes necessitate travel on specific date(s) the Winner(s) must be able to travel on the date(s) specified by Pitch One Management, no alternative dates will be available. Where prizes involve travel on a date to be chosen by the Winner(s), the date chosen is subject to availability and Pitch One Management reserve the right to include a long stop date by which the prize(s) must be taken.
3. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
4. Only individuals who can lawfully enter into and form contracts under applicable law may compete in the Competition. In all cases you must be at least 18 years of age and proof of age will be required.
5. Pitch One Management reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Rules.
6. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Pitch One Management in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement contestant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
Entering the Competition
1. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date set out in the Specific Rules.
2. There is no purchase requirement to enter the Competition. Internet connection charges will be charged as per your agreement with your ISP provider. Mobile phone charges will be charged as per your agreement with your network provider and as set out in the Specific Rules. You must seek permission from the bill payer prior to entering the Competition.
3. Where an offer is made for entry to a Competition involving a premium rate telephone call/SMS, we will include details of the estimated length of the call and the anticipated costs of the call/SMS and any other guidance to which we must adhere in order to comply with ICSTIS rules. Where entry to a Competition is by premium rate telephone call/SMS, entry may also be made by email by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org, such email to be received by the relevant closing date as set out in the Specific Rules.
4. Entry to the Competition is open between those dates set out in the Specific Rules.
5. Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted. Pitch One Management accepts no responsibility for entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Pitch One Management does not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control. Pitch One Management does not accept responsibility for the return of any Competition entries.
1. After the Competition has closed, prize winners will be chosen at random unless specified otherwise in the Specific Rules. Any “tie-breakers” will be judged by Pitch One Management and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator.
2. Prize winners (“Winners”) will be notified in the manner and within the time set out in the Specific Rules. If more than one prize is awarded, only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
3. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Pitch One Management reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time. All prizes are offered subject to the terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
4. Prizes are awarded at Pitch One Management discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
5. In order to be eligible for prizes, the Winner(s) (and guest if applicable) agree to: (i) sign an affidavit of eligibility if required; (ii) release Pitch One Management from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with the Competition or the use or acceptance of the prize(s) or any portion thereof save where due to Pitch One Management negligence; and (iii) sign a promotional release granting Pitch One Management (or a third party acting on Pitch One Management behalf) the right to use your name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Entry into the Competition constitutes the Winner(s)' agreement to sign such releases. The Winner(s) (and guest if applicable) must complete all legal documents and return them to Pitch One Management within five (5) working days of receipt from Pitch One Management. Non-compliance will result in disqualification of the Winner(s) and an alternative winner will be selected.
6. The receipt, by any Winner(s), of any of the prize components of the Competition is conditional upon compliance with any and all laws, rules and regulations. The Winner(s) are solely responsible for all insurance, applicable taxes and for any expenses not specified in the prize description.
7. The Winner(s) agree that Pitch One Management, its subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and employees, and any other sponsors shall have no liability in connection with acceptance or use of any of the prizes awarded herein. Pitch One Management reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or Winner at our absolute discretion.
8. In the event that Pitch One Management is unable to contact the Winner(s) within a reasonable time period after the closing date and/or if the Winner(s) are unable to comply with these Rules, Pitch One Management may at its own discretion choose an alternative Winner(s) from the pool of entrants.
9. Except as specifically set out in this Agreement, Pitch One Management makes no representation and expressly excludes all conditions and warranties, expressed or implied, including (but not limited to) the availability, quality, timeliness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of any of the prizes available, to the full extent permitted by English law.
Intellectual Property Rights
1. In consideration of Pitch One Management agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby assigns to Pitch One Management the complete copyright and all other rights, title and interest throughout the world in any entry, for the full period of copyright and waives all moral and author's rights pursuant to Section 87 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (“The Act”) and all rights under Sections 77 to 85 inclusive of the Act in and to the submitted entry to Pitch One Management. Pitch One Management shall be free to assign such rights to third parties.
2. Furthermore, any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that the information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Pitch One Management reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information (including but not limited to the entries) provided by you and to edit, modify, amend, censor and/or refuse to distribute or remove the same.
1. Pitch One Management cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Pitch One Management is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading and/or submitting any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Pitch One Management liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
1. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Pitch One Management reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
1. The Competition, the Rules and the Specific Rules shall be governed by English law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. The Competition shall be deemed to be performed in England.
2. If any provision of these Rules shall be prohibited by law or adjudged by a Court to be unlawful, void or unenforceable such provision shall, to the extent required, be severed from these Rules and rendered ineffective as far as possible without modifying the remaining provisions of these Rules and shall not in any way affect any other circumstances or the validity or enforcement of these Rules.
3. Save to the extent expressly set out herein, these Rules are not intended to nor shall they create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party hereto. Accordingly, save to the extent expressly set out in these Rules, no person shall derive any benefit or have any right entitlement or claim in relation to these Rules/the Competition by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
4. You shall not assign, transfer, sub-licence, mortgage, charge or otherwise dispose of any of your rights, interests or obligations under these Rules to any person or organisation.
1. You can contact us in relation to the Competition by emailing: email@example.com.